All travelers to Indonesia must be in possession of a passport that is valid for at least six months from the date of arrival, and have proof (tickets) of onward or return passage.
The Indonesian Government extends Visa on Arrival (VoA) to nationals of 63 countries which can be obtained at designated entry airports and sea ports. Visa-on-Arrival are valid for 30 days and are extendable with another 30 days to be applied at Immigration offices in Indonesia.
Please note that starting 26 January 2010, the 7-day Visa-on-Arrival has been discontinued.
Discover-information Countries extended Visa-on-Arrival facility are:
1. Algeria, 2. Australia, 3.Argentina, 4. Austria, 5. Bahrain, 6. Belgium, 7. Brazil, 8. Bulgaria, 9. Cambodia, 10. Canada, 11. Cyprus, 12. Denmark, 13. Egypt, 14. Estonia, 15.Fiji, 16. Finland, 17.France, 18. Germany, 19.Greece 20.Hungary, 21.Iceland, 22.India, 23.Iran, 24. Ireland, 25.Italy, 26. Japan, 27.Kuwait, 28. Laos PDR, 29.Latvia, 30.Libya, 31. Lithuania, 32.Liechtenstein, 33. Luxemburg, 34. Malta, 35. Maldives, 36.Monaco, 37. Mexico, 38. New Zealand, 39. the Netherlands, 40. Norway, 41. Oman, 42. Panama, 43. The People’s Republic of China, 44.Poland, 45. Portugal, 46.Qatar, 47.Rumania, 48.Russia, 49.South Africa, 50.South Korea, 51.Switzerland, 52.Saudi Arabia, 53. South Africa, 54.Spain, 55.Suriname, 56.Sweden, 57.Slovakia, 58.Slovenia, 59.Taiwan, 60. Tunisia. 61.the United Arab Emirates, 62. the United Kingdom, 63. The United States of America.
Sultan Iskandar Muda International Airport in Aceh is accept Visa-on-Arrival
Free Tourist Visa
Free Tourist short stay visas for 30 days are extended to tourists from 12 countries, namely from Brunei Darussalam, Malaysia, Singapore, the Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam, and Hong Kong SAR, Macao SAR, Chile, Equador, Morocco and Peru,
VISA Application at Indonesia Embassies or Consulates
Visitors from other countries must apply for visa at Indonesia Embassies or Consulates in their home country. In addition, the visa cannot be replaced with any other immigration letters. The visa shall then be administered by Visa Officer in the presence of the applicant concerned.
You may find information on Indonesia embassies and consulates contact details at the Ministry of Foreign Affair website on the following direct link: www.deplu.go.id
Free entry visa is also provided to delegates registered in a conference that is officially convened. In addition, tourist visa can be obtained from every Indonesian Embassy or Consulate. You can visit Indonesia through certain means and gates, by air via Jakarta, Bali, Medan, Manado, Biak, Ambon, Surabaya and Batam; by sea via Semarang, Jakarta, Bali, Pontianak, Balikpapan, Tanjung Pinang and Kupang. Maximum stay in Indonesia is two months.
An airport tax of Rp 150,000 is levied by airports on departing passengers on international flights and Rp.25,000 for those on domestic routes.
Most hotels add a 10% service charge to the bill on top of the 10% tax. In restaurants where service charge is not added, a tip of 5 to 10% on the bill will be appropriate depending on the service and type of establishment.
Maximum items allowed by customs when you visit Indonesia:
- 1 liter of alcoholic beverages
- 200 cigarettes OR 50 cigars OR 100 grams of tobacco
- Reasonable amount of perfume per adult, meaning if you arrive drenched in perfume the customs probably will not mind you carrying loads of bottles.
- Cameras, video cameras, portable radios, cassette recorders, binoculars and sport equipments are admitted provided they are taken out on departure. They must be declared to Customs.
You are prohibited to carry:
- Narcotics drugs
- Pornography materials
- Chinese printing and medicines
- Transceivers and cordless telephone
- Films, pre-recorded video tapes, laser discs, VCDs, DVDs must be screened by Censor Board.
- Import or export of foreign currencies and travelers’ checks are allowed. However, the import and export of Indonesia currency, exceeding 100 million Rupiah is prohibited.
Further information on customs and taxes in Indonesia, log into www.beacukai.go.id